Aftermore than forty years of involvement (personal and professional), in, nearly all aspects of effectively leading in identifying and preparing for leadership positions, to training, preparing and advising thousands of current, and/ or, potential leaders, I am convinced that advising others, nothing – of – consequence, is usually achieved until a well – considered pertinent, sustainable, meaningful, thorough, action planis developed and implemented effectively! This process should begin witha professionally designed and crafted strategic planning which analyzes everything that is relevant to the group’s heritage, history and mission, as well as demographics, financial health/ well – including current conditions strengths and weaknesses, as well as its leadership, and their ability to lead! With, that to be in mind, the following article will attempt to, briefly review, think about the information, discuss, and review the essential steps toward creating a meaningful action plan.
1. A thorough strategic plan:There is, almost always, a direct relationship, between the quality as well as the relevance and depth of the strategic planning process of the business and the effective creation, and implementation of the finest – possible, action plan! It is essential to know and comprehend fully what is necessary and important, as well as choices and alternatives to come up with a good strategic plan that is effective, and, only, when the planning is complete, can an appropriate, efficient action plan, be perceived and conceptualized, developed and successfully implemented!
2. Consider ramifications as well as potential contingencies.It is important to understand, and realize, there areusually consequences to any action taken and also when one is procrastinating! Wise leadership requires a thorough examination of these and planning ahead contingency plans, that can beseamlessly applied!
3. Alternatives and options:Since, there are often, a variety of options and alternatives, choosing wisely, should be incumbent – upon, an effective leader! Consider as many aspects, as you can, while keeping an open – minded attitude!
4. Goals, priorities; perceptions; needs:What are the most effective goals, and the real prioritiesof your particular organisation, both in the present, and into – the future? And what are they? How can you efficiently address constituent’s perceptions, and actual needs in a way, which results in the meeting of the minds, to serve the greater good?
5. Reliable and long-lasting, instead of populist, or anything else:Too often the election of leaders is with the help of populist, empty words, and promises where what is truly required is complete, accurate, and sustainable planning, and meaningful actions, taken in a carefully thought-out, timely manner, and with time-tested skills, etc.
6. Timeline with Table of ResponsibilitiesOnce you have the most effective strategic planning, is thoroughly done and you’re aware of the goal you’re after an important element of your action plan should be an outline of the timeline to review and evaluate, using metrics, what is going according to plan and what, needs to be redesigned! A great leader develops an internal circle comprised of trusted advisers. Part of the planning, must be, having a list of responsibilities with each of the areas, being led by the most qualified individuals.
If you hope to lead wisely, by following these six steps, to develop an effective, action plan, is essential! Are you, up to the tasks and responsibilities?